Senior Compositor with over 11 years of international digital graphics and animation experience,
with over 7 of those years dedicated to high-end feature film. I have a Bachelors in Fine Arts
& Animation and a Masters degree in Compositing and Visual Effects.
1/2017 – Present, Framestore, Montreal QC Digital Compositor
11/2015 – 12/2016 Atomic Fiction, Montreal QC Digital Compositor
6/2014 – 11/2015 Framestore, Montreal QC Digital Compositor
4/2014 – 6/2014 Method Studios, Vancouver BC Digital Compositor
11/2013 – 4/2014 Digital Domain, Vancouver BC Digital Compositor
2010 – 2013 Rhythm & Hues Studios, Los Angeles CA Digital Compositor
2008, 2009 Studio 400A, San Francisco CA Short & Independent film Compositor, Matchmover
2004 – 2008 Towers Perrin (aka Towers Watson), San Francisco CA & Philadelphia PA Trainer,
Graphics Production Specialist
- Feature and independent film digital compositing, including stereoscopic images
- Matte extraction (Keylight, Primatte, Ultimatte, IBK, difference, luma, channel, rotoscope)
- Color correction and matching
- 2d & 3d camera tracking and projection mapping
- Rotoscoping and painting
- Element re-timing and warping
- Lens correction and overall final composite look
- Shot look development
- Deep compositing
Nuke, NukeX, Shake, After Effects, Proprietary node-based compositing and lighting software
Maya, Houdini, Vue
Linux, OS X, Windows
Mocha-Pro, Ocula, Shotgun, Photoshop, MatchMover
Also familiar with:
- Integrating a range of simple through complex, multilayer CG elements, stock images, multiple plates, cameras and matte paintings into live action plates.
- Experience extracting mattes from a wide range of plates including: dirty blue and green screens, and luma and channel keying foreground and background plates.
- Ability and desire to take on mid to high complexity-level shots and bring them to completion within tight deadlines.
- Proactive in acquiring elements and communication within all levels of the vfx pipeline for shot completion.
- A detailed eye for creating photo-real color, lighting, shading, and natural movement in composites.
- Ability to problem solve technical and aesthetic issues.
- Team player with excellent communication skills as well as the ability to work with minimal supervision.
2017 – Mary Poppins – Compositor
2017 – Paddington 2 – Compositor
2016 – Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales – Compositor
2016 – Star Trek: Beyond – Compositor
2016 – Rings: 2017 – Compositor
2015 – Now You See Me 2 – Compositor
2015 – Geostorm – Compositor
2015 – Tarzan – Compositor
2015 – Pan – Compositor
2014 – Paddington – Compositor
2014 – Transformers: Age of Extinction – Compositor
2014 – X-Men: Days of Future Past – Compositor
2013 – Percy Jackson:Sea of Monsters – Compositor
2013 – RIPD – Compositor
2012 – Life of Pi – Compositor
2011 – Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked – Compositor
2011 – Moneyball – Compositor
2009 – End of the Line – Matchmover
2008 – Bohemibot – Matchmover and Compositor
EDUCATION & TRAINING
2013 Studio Arts; CMIVFX; The Foundry; Rhythm & Hues; CA - Nuke and Python training
2010 Academy of Art University, CA – MFA in Visual Effects - Compositing
1999 Rutgers University, NJ – BA in Fine Arts - Animation
Life of Pi shots used in presentation, decision, and award for
Oscar Academy Award and BAFTA Award for best VFX.
Three time recipient of Towers Perrin Stars Award for Employee Excellence
Cum Laude graduation
EOF Outstanding Academic Achievement Award